Sunday, February 13, 2011

Marble Brownies

I recently discovered this recipe on the inside of a cream cheese box.  Since I don't eat chocolate, I asked Stephen if he thought this sounded tasty, and since he answered in the affirmative, I decided to make them for him for Valentine's.  He says they are really good, and "creamy" (which he likes, evidently).  He did say they are very sweet, so I wonder if next time I could put less sugar in the cream cheese mixture.
 MARBLE BROWNIES
1 package brownie mix (without syrup pouch)
1 package cream cheese, softened
1/3 c. sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Prepare brownie batter as directed on package; spread into greased pan.
Beat cream cheese with mixer until creamy.  
Add sugar, egg and vanilla; mix well.
Drop by tablespoonfuls over brownie batter; swirl with knife.
Bake 40 minutes at 350 degrees or until cream cheese mixture is lightly browned.
Cool completely before cuting to serve.
Keep refrigerated.

No comments:

Post a Comment