Friday, January 14, 2011

Homemade Fish Sticks

I decided to try making homemade fish sticks for Berkley.  There's no way I'm going to buy them in a box, and I figured they just couldn't be hard to make, so I gave it a try tonight.  
I bought one piece of fish to try it on, but will definitely buy more next time and make these to freeze for a few days.  They are very tasty, and I will likely make fillets of fish this way (versus the "sticks") that our entire family can enjoy.
HOMEMADE FISH STICKS
Tilapia fillet (or other white, flaky fish)
Panko breadcrumbs (although you could probably use any kind of breadcrumb)
All-Purpose flour
Egg white, lightly whisked

Cut tilapia fillet into bite or "stick" sized pieces.
Dredge in flour, then egg white, then breadcrumbs.
Put on a baking sheet (I use a Silpat, but cooking spray would probably be a good idea otherwise).
Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes.

Note: These fish sticks get very hot in the inside, so if you're feeding them to children, give them sufficient time to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment