Friday, January 21, 2011

Cake with Diet Soda

I had The View on the television during lunch today and overheard a lady talking about making cake with diet soda.  She said instead of eggs and oil, just mix in a can of diet soda to any cake mix and the cake will turn out just fine.  Since I am addicted to Diet Mtn. Dew, this sounded like a great idea to me!  I immediately found the only box of cake mix in the house (white cake), mixed it with a can of Diet Mtn. Dew and baked it.  Yum!  Honestly, it doesn't taste much different from regular white cake...perhaps it tastes a little bit more like angel food cake than plain white cake.  I'm excited to try different flavors of cake mix with different flavors of soda.
DIET MTN. DEW CAKE
Mix a box of cake mix with one can of Diet Mtn. Dew
Bake according to instructions on the box.

1 comment: