Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Celebration Pasta Salad

This recipe is straight from the Junior League of Knoxville cookbook- a gift to me when I went to serve in my first church there.
This stuff is so good & easy to make for tailgating, parties, or just to have around for lunch.
CELEBRATION PASTA SALAD

 1 16 oz. package bowtie pasta (you can use any small noodle)
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
4 tsp. lemon juice
2 T. red wine vinegar
1/2 c. plus 2 T EVOO
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 yellow pepper, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1 small bunch scallions, chopped
4 oz. prosciutto, finely chopped (I just buy a package in the deli section & don't pay attention to amount)
1/2 c. parmesan (I'm sure I use more than that, and I like the shredded kind for texture)


Cook pasta; drain & rinse in cold water.
Combine garlic, salt & pepper, lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil & Italian seasoning in a small bowl; mix well.
Combine pasta, yellow pepper, red pepper, scallions & prosciutto in a large bowl.
Add salad dressing; toss to mix.
Add parmesan cheese; toss to mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment