Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Lime Chicken Quesadilla

I got this recipe from the May issue of Parents magazine (which, for the record, I've somehow gotten for free all this year...still don't know why I get it).
This is an incredibly yummy recipe, but it was a little tough to make & I'll make some changes the next time I make it. 
LIME CHICKEN QUESADILLA
1 package chicken-breast tenders
1 T. salt-free fiesta lime seasoning (I used Mrs. Dash)
2/3 c. chopped green pepper
1/3 c. frozen whole-kernel corn
8 tortillas
1 oz. cheddar cheese
1 T. olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced

Chop red pepper and set aside.
Coarsely chop the chicken & toss with the seasoning blend.
Heat the oil in a large skillet.
Add the chicken & garlic.
Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 4 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink inside.
Add pepper & corn to chicken & cook for 2 minutes.
Spoon filling onto 4 of the tortillas.
*Sprinkle with cheese and top with remaining tortillas.
*Spritz a griddle (or the skillet) with nonstick spray over low heat.
* Put tortillas on surface.
*Cook each side until browned (about 2 minutes per side).

* The final directions are what I would change.  It was very difficult to move the filled tortillas to the skillet, flip them, and move them to a plate without losing all of the filling.  I think next time I will leave the quesadillas open-faced & only worry about cooking one side. 

1 comment: