Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Dijon Cod

I was trying to be a little adventurous & make a meat that was a little different than our normal chicken or ground beef.  I saw this cod at Whole Foods & thought I'd give it a try.  This recipe was on the back of the wrapper, and while I think it was probably a good recipe for fish, we just didn't enjoy the fish that much.  Next time, I might try this same sauce on a more fresh, thinner cut of fish.
 
 DIJON COD
1 package cod fillets
2 T. butter, melted
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. worcestershire
1 tsp. dijon mustard
4 T bread crumbs
salt
pepper

Lightly grease baking dish
Lay cod into dish
Season with salt & pepper to taste
Blend butter, lemon juice, worcestershire and mustard in a small bowl
Spread sauce over fillets, covering completely
Sprinkle bread crumbs over sauced fillets
Bake at 425 until cooked thoroughly (about 10 minutes)

No comments:

Post a Comment