Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Cucumber Dip

My friend Laurie made this dip last weekend and I could have eaten the entire bowl!  I am not normally a fan of "dip", but this was just so fresh tasting & yummy.  So, I called Laurie for the recipe & made it this morning!
CUCUMBER DIP
2-3 cucumbers
1 cup white vinegar
1 tsp. garlic salt
2 blocks of cream cheese, softened

Grate cucumbers (as you would carrots or cheese) into a bowl
Add vinegar to cover cucumbers
Mix in garlic salt (more can be added to taste)
Cover bowl & put in fridge overnight (or 5+ hours) to marinate
Push marinated cucumbers through a strainer until very little vinegar is still visible (this takes a good deal of pushing & stirring in the strainer)
Add cream cheese to cucumbers
Mix well
Serve with chips or crackers (I like it with wheat thins)

3 comments:

  1. i put the garlic in with the vinegar to marinate...but you can do what you think tastes best!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH!!! Oops! I wish I had done it that way! NEXT time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just thought I would let you know that Eddie's family LOVED this over Christmas! And, I made it last week for my mom...and she loved it too! So, it's not surprising that Ed's coworker wants the recipe now because she tried some of it in his lunch! haha. Thanks for a new family favorite!

    ReplyDelete