Monday, January 25, 2010

Laurie's Poppyseed Chicken

Lots of folks make a version of this casserole, but I got this particular recipe from my friend Laurie Saylor Cutler. It's so delicious & I try to keep these ingredients on hand as well, so I can make it anytime. This is one of Stephen's favorites, and my "go to" casserole when I need to take food to someone.
LAURIE'S POPPYSEED CHICKEN
1 can cream of chicken soup
8 oz. sour cream (I use reduced fat)
2 T. poppy seeds
2 T. lemon juice
4-6 boneless chicken breasts (I've also used canned chicken for this)
1 sleeve Ritz crackers
1 stick of butter, melted

Boil chicken with cover on pot for 20 minutes
Cut chicken into pieces
Mix chicken with sour cream, seeds & juice
Put into casserole dish
Crush crackers on top
Pour melted butter over casserole
Bake at 375 for 30 minutes

2 comments:

  1. I'm your first follower! So excited my recipe made it! I've never tried it with canned chicken, but that would sure save a lot of time. I wonder if Greg would notice? Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. we LOVE this recipe!!! GREAT for when friend's have babies and you bring them a meal!

    ReplyDelete