Sunday, January 31, 2010

Secret Recipe

After a day of being snowed in yesterday, I was ready to cook a special treat. I was craving something sweet, so I made my "famous" oatmeal raisin cookies.
There's a secret recipe for these amazing cookies...the secret is that the recipe is on the inside of every Quaker oats container!OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES
1/2 lb (2 sticks) margarine or butter (I almost always use butter for baked goods)

1 c. firmly packed brown sugar

1/2 c. granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 tea. vanilla
1-1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda

1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt

3 c. oats (I used old-fashioned) 1
c. raisins


Beat together butter & sugars until creamy.
Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix we
ll. Stir in oats and raisins; mix well.
Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.

Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack.

1 comment:

  1. These are the best ever and I always think of you when I make them :)

    ReplyDelete