Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Spinach & Cheese Pizza

First of all, I need to profess my love for Supercook. It is a website where you can type in the ingredients you have in your house & it lists recipes that you can make with them. It is there that I found this recipe for a Spinach & Cheese Pizza. I don't typically care for pesto sauce, so this is a good alternative to using pesto on pizza.
This is one of the recipes I've tried that was okay, but not amazing. Next time I make this, I will probably use a little less cheese (shock, I know). I will also probably add some tomatoes. I'm thinking with tomatoes added, this would be yummy and the colors would also make it a great Christmas time appetizer- cut into small squares. I actually altered it a bit from its original state, so here is my altered version of the recipe I found on Supercook.

SPINACH & CHEESE PIZZA
3/4 c. EVOO
spinach (I eye-balled this- about 1/2 pack of pre-washed spinach)
2/3 c. shredded parmesan cheese

1-2 cloves garlic

1 T fresh basil
salt & pepper

pizza dough (I used Pillsbury, but you could make your own or use a pre-made crust)

1 c. mozzarella cheese (I think I used more than that...part of my problem)

Combine oil, spinach, parmesan, garlic, basil, salt & pepper
Puree these ingredients to make a sauce (I used a processor, but you could use a blender. I've also thought of just putting the ingredients on the pizza without pureeing them.)

Place pizza dough on baking sheet
Form a rim around the dough

Bake dough until lightly browned


Spread dough with spinach mixture and 1 c. mozzarella

Bake at 400 until cheese is melted

No comments:

Post a Comment