Sunday, May 2, 2010

Snickerdoodle Chex Mix

I'm not a huge fan of regular Chex Mix...I don't eat a ton of salty snacks & a lot of Chex Mix has nuts in it (an allergy issue for me).  However, I found this recipe for Snickerdoodle Chex Mix (I think it was in a magazine on an ad for Chex) and it's pretty tasty.  It may actually be a little bit too sweet for me (I tend to like fairly bland foods, I guess), but it's a good snack.
SNICKERDOODLE CHEX MIX
1/4 c. sugar (or Splenda)
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 c. cinnamon Chex
2 c. regular Chex
4 cups popped popcorn
1/4 c. butter
 In a small bowl, mix sugar & cinnamon; set aside
In a large bowl, mix cereals & popcorn
In a microwavable bowl, microwave butter for 40 seconds
Pour over cereal mixture, stirring until evenly coated
Microwave uncovered 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute.
Sprinkle half of sugar mixture evenly over cereal mixture; stir.
Sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture; stir.
Microwave 1 minute longer.
Spread on waxed paper or paper towels to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment