Monday, May 10, 2010

Carrot Souffle

This dish is one of Stephen's all-time favorites.  We first tried this at the home of some folks in my first church in Knoxville.  Mary Frances Rule made this & faked out all of her dinner guests (as I do each time I make it).  This looks just like a sweet potato souffle, but it's made entirely with carrots!  Since I am not a big sweet potato fan, but I love carrots, this works out well for me!  
This is such a fun dish to make & see the surprise on people's faces when you tell them it's made from carrots!
CARROT SOUFFLE
2 lbs. carrots
3/4 c. butter, melted
1/4 tsp. salt
1 c. sugar (I use Splenda- not pictured)
2 tsp baking powder
6 T. flour
6 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla

Cook carrots in water until soft
Mash carrots or blend until smooth
(I used my baby food maker for the above instructions because it steams & processes the carrots in the same machine)
Blend carrots with butter until smooth
In medium-size bowl, combine other ingredients and mix well
Add mixture to carrots & butter in a souffle/casserole dish
Bake at 350 for 45 minutes

I forgot to take a picture of the final product, but it looks a lot like sweet potato souffle!

No comments:

Post a Comment