Monday, May 3, 2010

Pineapple Pork Tacos

I forgot to take pictures of the early stages of this dish, but thankfully Stephen reminded me at the end.
This was a delicious meal & very quick & easy to make.  I had no idea that pork can be broiled so quickly & come out so well.  I will definitely be using this method a little more in the future.
(I think I got this recipe from myrecipes.com, but I can't remember for sure.)

PINEAPPLE PORK TACOS
1 white onion, thickly sliced
2 c. fresh pineapple chunks
1 lb. pork tenderloin, thinly sliced
8-12 corn tortillas, warmed
1/2 c. roughly chopped cilantro
lime wedges

Arrange rack in over 6 inches from heating element
Preheat broiler
Arrange onion & pineapple on foil-lined baking sheet
Broil, stirring twice, until softened and slightly brown 8-10 minutes
Transfer to platter & keep warm

Arrange pork on same baking sheet & broil
Stir twice until cooked through and golden brown 6-8 minutes
Transfer to platter with pineapple and onions
Toss gently

Spoon onto tortillas
Top with cilantro & serve with lime wedges

1 comment:

  1. I made it. I loved it, and so did the rest of the fam. I accidentally bought teriyaki marinaded pork, but it worked great with the other flavors. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete