Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Chocolate Mint Oreos

In the winter, my dad told me about this chocolate treat & I made them with Hershey's chocolate.  Then I saw them at a Super Bowl party & they were made with Andes Mints.  Stephen loves chocolate & mint, so I thought this would be a fun anniversary treat for him.
CHOCOLATE MINT OREOS
1 package Andes Mints
1 package Oreo Cookies

Unwrap mints (this is the only slightly time-consuming thing in the whole recipe)
Put mints in a double boiler to melt.
Once mints have melted, use a spoon to dip an Oreo in the chocolate.
Move Oreo around so that it is covered with the chocolate
Put on wax paper (on a plate or container) and repeat with other Oreos
Put plate or container in fridge (or freezer) to cool
This recipe makes about 14 covered Oreos

2 comments:

  1. C. Next time try putting the cookies on wax paper after dipping them. You can cover the plate/tray with wax paper and it really is easy to remove them after they cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. duh huh....
    i only wrote that 'cause you told me to, daddy! ;)

    ReplyDelete