Thursday, May 20, 2010

Tilapia Veracruz

I found the recipe for this meal on the back of a Kraft cheese package!  I thought it sounded yummy, so I gave it a try.  It really was easy to make, tasted good, and it gave me lots of ideas for future dishes I could  make based on this one.  While this recipe calls for sun-dried tomato dressing, I'd love to try a lemon-based vinegairette next time and see how that goes.  This dish was definitely a winner!
TILAPIA VERACRUZ
1/2 cup sun-dried tomato dressing
2 T. fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
2 tilapia fillets
2 large tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup pimento stuffed olives, halved
1/2 cup cheddar/monterey jack cheese

Mix dressing and lime juice
Place fish in a baking dish and drizzle with 1/2 the mixture
Toss the tomatoes and olives with remaining dressing mixture
Bake fish at 400 for 20 minutes
Take out and top with remaining dressing mixture and cheese
Bake 5 minutes or until cheese has melted

1 comment:

  1. Tried this last night and its a super dish.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete